Do you like Shark Tank? During this program, students will create, brand, and pitch a business idea! Launch is a friendly competition that teaches students about what it takes to be an entrepreneur. Don't have an idea? That's okay - and students can work with a friend.
Time & Location
Apr 20, 2020, 1:00 PM CDT – May 08, 2020, 2:00 PM CDT
Meetings will be virtual via Zoom
About The Event
This program designed for middle school girls. Students can work on their business idea individually or with a friend. Learn more about the details of the program at https://www.girlonward.com/programs (go towards the bottom of the page).
The cost is $30.00 per participant. If needed, scholarships are available, contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Learn about the type of leadership skills it takes to be an entrepreneur
- Brand a business and create a T-shirt
- Prepare for the competition where students will pitch their idea to judges
- First place team/individual will win $50
- AND this will take place online, all students need is a computer, webcam, and internet connection
The group virtually via Zoom. Participants will have online homework and we will also meet virtually MWF 1:00 pm - 1:45 pm:
- Monday, April 20 - Thursday, May 8th MWF 1:00 pm - 1:45 pm CST
*Participants will need access to the internet including the ability to watch videos, access Zoom, and use a webcam. Zoom technical requirements can be found here: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362023-System-Requirements-for-PC-Mac-and-Linux