Launch (Online) Tuesdays 1 pm CST June 16th - August 11th
Do you like Shark Tank? During this program, students will create, brand, and pitch a business idea! Launch is a friendly competition that teaches students about what it takes to be an entrepreneur. Don't have an idea? That's okay - and students can work with a friend.
Time & Location
Jun 16, 2020, 1:00 PM CDT
Meetings will be virtual via Zoom
About The Event
This program designed for middle school girls enter grades 6-8 in the Fall of 2020. Students can work on their business idea individually or with a friend. Learn more about the details of the program at https://www.girlonward.com/launch
The cost is $40.00 per participant. If needed, scholarships are available, contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Learn about the type of leadership skills it takes to be an entrepreneur
- Create a brand and unique T-shirt
- Write a business plan and pitch a business idea
- Compete and receive feedback from business leaders and entrepreurs
- First place team/individual will win $50
- AND this will take place online, all students need is a computer, webcam, and internet connection
The group virtually via Zoom. Participants will have online homework and we will also meet virtually on Tuesdays at 1:00 pm - 1:30 pm CST June 16th to August 11th. Zoom security measures will be enforced.
*Participants will need access to the internet including the ability to watch videos, access Zoom, and use a webcam. Zoom technical requirements can be found here: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362023-System-Requirements-for-PC-Mac-and-Linux